This website and its content is copyright of “The Food People” © “The Food People” 2011. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
“The Food People” is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
“The Food People” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 4th November 2011.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us here.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to City Gates, 2-4 Southgate, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 8DJ.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Terms and Conditions of website usage
- The term “The Food People” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is City Gates, 2-4 Southgate, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 8DJ
- The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without [business name]’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by “The Food People” and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of “The Food People” We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, “The Food People” takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Terms and Conditions of foodwatching online usage
In this Agreement “your company subscribers” refers to you, your company and those within your company that subscribe or have access to foodwatching online. “Content” refers to all material hosted on the site. The “Site” refers to the foodwatching online SharePoint extranet.
Conduct and Responsibility
You specifically agree that you are responsible for the conduct of Your Company Subscribers while accessing the Site or using the Content.
Use of Content
You acknowledge that the Site contains or may contain information, reports, photographs, illustrations, audio files, video files, animations, flash files, data files, code snippets and other material (collectively, "Content") which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights of thefoodpeople.
You acknowledge that for Your Company Subscribers to download, copy and use Content as part of your company activities all content must be correctly credited to “foodwatching from thefoodpeople” with a link to thefoodpeople URL thefoodpeople.co.uk
Usernames, Passwords & Licenses
You acknowledge and agree that the user name and password provided by thefoodpeople so that you may access and utilise the Site and its content must be kept secret and confidential. You agree that your company subscribers shall not disclose such usernames or passwords to any other party without the express written permission of thefoodpeople.
You agree that one foodwatching online license allows only one user at any time to be logged into the Site. To allow concurrent access to the Site i.e. more than once user logged into foodwatching online at any time, more foodwatching online user licenses must be purchased from thefoodpeople.
Rules of Conduct
You agree that you will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or not permitted by this Agreement. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when communicating via the Site, including in respect of any forums, chat-rooms or other exchanges accessed on or through the Site, neither you nor Your Company Subscribers do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others.
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, pornographic, sexual, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Upload or otherwise transfer files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws.
- Upload or otherwise transfer files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage or inhibit the operation of another computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices, or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Use any communications or Content or other information obtained through the Site in a manner that is competitive with the Site or thefoodpeople business.
You also agree not to use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party's use of the Site. You also agree not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to any other thefoodpeople computer systems or networks associated with the Site.
You also agree not to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Site.
Term and Termination
Access to this Site is effective until terminated by the expiry of the membership term detailed at the point of subscription. You may terminate this access at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . thefoodpeople reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict, suspend or terminate your right to access the site at any time for any reason without prior notice or liability. thefoodpeople may change, suspend or discontinue all or any aspect of the Site at any time, including the availability of any feature, database, or Content, without prior notice or liability.
thefoodpeople may also terminate or suspend your access to the Site for inactivity, which is defined as failing to access the Site for an extended period of time, as reasonably determined by thefoodpeople.